Coco Peat makes an excellent growing medium for hydroponics, soil mixes, and container plant growing.
Coco peat/coco coir is excellent for retaining water and can hold 8-9 times its own weight in water
Coco peat/coco coir contains natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties.
It is a 100% organic product and is a proven natural alternative to mined peat moss
Easy to use! Just put your compressed Coco Peat block in a container, add water and let it sit until the water is absorbed, fluff it up and you are ready to use Coco Peat!
Coco peat is a 100% natural growing medium. This coco peat dried in the natural sun, are processed to produce different items namely coco peat block, coco peat briquettes, coco peat tablets etc. Clean coir has natural rooting hormones and anti-fungal properties. Coco peat contains high amounts of lignin and cellulose that prevent it from decomposing and shrinking.
Uses of Cocopeat
Excellent growing medium for hydroponics and container plant growing
Advantages of using Cocopeat
1) The properties of cocopeat make it resistant to bacterial and fungal growth
2) Cocopeat holds water rather than shedding it like traditional peat does! It holds 6 times its weight in water
3) Cocopeat has the ability to store and release nutrient to plants for extended periods of time. It also has great oxygenation properties which is important for healthy root development
4) It has a pH of 5.2-6.8 which is neutral to slightly acidic. This makes it great for alkaline garden soils
5) Cocopeat can even be reused for up to 4 years!
6) It makes a great bedding material for worm bins! It’s actually good for them and increases worm growth by 25%
7) Cocopeat is very slow to disintegrate; it only begins to break down when it is 10 years old, long term benefits
8) It is very light and easy to handle
9) It can be combined with any of the normal ingredients and use as a mixer or a stand-alone product
How To Use
Immerse the block in water and when it has expanded, it’s ready to use!
Expands up to 70 liter!
Important Note : As product is made from natural materials, there could be discrepancies in the weight & dimension of product due to compression methodology, weather conditions, moisture level and others.
Dimension : 30cm X 30cm X 13-15cm
Material : Washed EC <1.0mS/cm
pH : 5.5~6.5
Moisture Content : < 20%
Compression Ratio : 5:1