What’s in the box : 1 x Soil pH Meter (Battery not included)
– The 4-in-1 soil analyzer: To test soil pH, moisture and humidity, temperature and plant light intensity.
– It uses a 9V carbon battery with a simple operation and a probe length of 200mm.
– The instrument displays the parameters measured by liquid crystal display.
– The instrument also has the function of low power indication and automatic power cut off.
– It saves time and energy and is efficient.
– This instrument is suitable for planting flowers, grass and landscaping.
* Current light intensity: 9 levels (LOW – LOW, LOW +, NOR-, NOR, NOR+, HGH-, HGH, HGH +)
* Moisture: 5 levels (DRY+, DRY, NOR, WET, WET+)
* PH value: 3.5-9.0
* Temperature range: -9~+ 50 °C
* Power supply: a 9V battery (NOT INCLUDED!!!)
* Operating temperature: + 5 ° C-40 ° C
Measuring range and reference data
1. Illumination measurement
– press the ON button to turn ON the instrument
– Aim at the highest point light source light sensor window.
– the current light intensity will be displayed on the LCD.
Note: do not block light or create shadows for light sensors
2. PH range measurement
– Push the [PH/℃] button on the back to the PH position.
– Insert the probe vertically into the soil and test as soon as possible.
– press the button [ON] to start measuring.
– The PH value of the test will be displayed on the LCD
– Measure several times to get the exact value required.
1. Insert the probe vertically, at the edge of the middle stem.
2. Please gently push into the soil to avoid damaging the probe.
3. If the measured soil is too dry or fertile to give an accurate PH, the user can sprinkle water and measure it again half an hour later
3. Moisture measurement
– push the [PH/℃] button on the back to the ℃ position
– insert into the soil as vertically as possible.
– press NO key to start measuring
– soil moisture values will be displayed on the LCD screen.
– measured several times to get the exact value needed.
4. Temperature measurement;
– when measuring humidity, the value of soil temperature will be displayed on the LCD screen at the same time.
– Press the button of [℃/℉ OFF] to set the humidity display to be ℃ or ℉.
Note: if the user does not insert the probe into the soil, the correct ambient temperature of the external space is displayed.
5. Soil pH
Soil acidity can be generally divided into the following grades:
PH value soil pH
– < 4.5 extremely acidic
– 4.5-5.5 strongly acidic
– 5.5-6.5 acid
– 6.5-7.5 neutral
– 7.5-8.5 alkalinity
– 8.5- 9.5 strong alkaline
– 9.5 is extremely alkaline