– Also known as purple basil.
– It is purple color with some green.
– The flavor of micro basil is a bit more intense than adult basil.
– It has a mucilaginous seed (develops a jelly-like coating when it gets wet).
– Germination time: 5-7 days
– Microgreens harvest time: 12 to 16 days
– Consist of Vitamins A & C, iron, and magnesium.
– Dark Opal Basil microgreens is use for cooking, salads, and garnish.
– Prepare the growing media in the container and sow the seeds.
– Cover the seeds for a few days to allow the germination of the seeds.
– Remove the cover once the sprouting has started and placed it under the light source/set in a window sill (when the little baby stalks have started to reach up, and the little purple leaves starting on the whitish stalks).
– Misting lightly with water to keep moist but avoid soaking the seed. The seed does best when moist but too much water will form mold.
– optimum harvesting time for a purple basil microgreen is approximately 14 days after starting the seeds. The plant should be about 2 – 3 inches or 5 – 7.5 cm tall.