– Shiso, also known as Perilla is a nice addition to the herb garden.
– It is pale green and pink stems with deep red and purple leaves
– It has coriander-cinnamon-citrus-like flavor.
– Germination time: 3-5days
– Estimated time to harvest: 8-12days
– It consists of Vitamins A, C and K, calcium, iron, phosphorus, fiber and potassium.
– It has anti-inflammatory properties can be used to treat eczema, arthritis and asthma.
– contain more vitamins and nutrients than sprouts or developed plants.
– Can be used as a sushi wrap, as a garnish or in a fruit or green salad.
– Presoak the seeds 12-24 hours in cold water (long soak time due to the hard shell).
– Prepare the growth media by getting it sufficiently moist.
– Sow the seeds and spread it evenly across the surface of the growth medium.
– Cover for about four days to allow seeds to germinate.
– On the 5th day, uncover the seeds and place it under a grow light.
– Water the seedling according to their need (avoid from overwatering).
– The plants will be ready for consumption after when first true leaves emerge on them.